While figuring out what blog posts to write for this Thanksgiving season, I thought I would start with my favorite Thanksgiving dish. I love a traditional Thanksgiving feast, but especially in love with all of the side dishes. I follow a pretty traditional recipe with a couple secret tricks to make it even better.
- 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 32 ounces of french style green beans (drained)
- 1 1/3 cup of (French’s) fried onions
- Mix soup, milk, pepper, cheese, and red pepper flakes in a bowl (I use a whisk to make sure the soup is mixed well.)
- Stir in a cup of the fried onions and all of the green beans.
- Pour into a casserole dish and bake on 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until the sides of the casserole are bubbling.
- Top the casserole with the rest of the fried onions and bake for another 5 minutes.