Happy football season! It’s that time of the year again. If you know me, you know that I love fall for many reasons, one of them being Penn State Football. Growing up, my mom would make this dip every Saturday for us to snack on while watching Penn State play football. I thought the best way to celebrate the beginning of this football season and the relaunch of my blog is to share our “football dip” recipe.
- 8 oz. of cream cheese
- Hormel beanless chili (if you’re a vegetarian you can use some vegetarian chili instead)
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese
- (optional) canned jalapenos
- Place the 8 ounces of cream cheese in the casserole dish and microwave for 15 seconds.
- Then spread the cream cheese evenly across the bottom of the dish.
- Add the can of beanless chili and spread on top of the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on the chili
- (Optional) If you want to add the jalapenos, place them randomly on top of the cheese.
- Put the dish in the microwave and cook for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with the tortilla chips of your choice.